“The most important thing is to be responsive to and listen to the client, understand the client’s needs, and get back to him or her quickly and efficiently—that is what I strive to do.”
Mike is a partner in the firm’s Litigation and Land Use practice groups. His practice includes a broad range of civil litigation matters. He has extensive experience handling complex commercial litigation disputes involving contracts, fiduciary duties, intellectual property and unfair trade practices. He also represents clients in general litigation claims including will and trust disputes, insurance coverage denials and management side employment matters. Additionally, he represents both municipalities and taxpayers in municipal tax appeals, zoning appeals and other real property litigation.
Mike practices before both the state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels. He takes on matters before municipal and state administrative agencies and also helps clients resolve disputes through arbitration and mediation.
He is a member of the Connecticut and New Hampshire Bars and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut, the U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Prior to joining the firm, Mike completed a judicial externship with Chief Justice Paul Reiber of the Vermont Supreme Court in Montpelier, Vermont and practiced for several years at Orr & Reno, P.A., located in Concord, New Hampshire. He received his J.D., magna cum laude, from Vermont Law School where he served as an editor of the Vermont Law Review and as an editor of the Journal of National Security Law and Policy. He received his B.A., cum laude, from Middlebury College.
- Co-lead plaintiff counsel in breach of intellectual property development agreement that resulted in a multi-million dollar judgment after trial, including an award of approximately $1 million of attorneys’ fees under the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act.
- Assisted in obtaining multi-million dollar judgment in favor of beneficiaries of life insurance policy in federal district court and assisted in successfully defending judgment on appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
- Defended distribution company in Superior Court against breach of contract claims.
- Brought a successful challenge in Probate Court to an invalid will on grounds of undue influence and lack of testamentary capacity.
- Defended construction company from negligence claims.
- Represented commercial and residential real estate owners in property tax appeals, zoning applications and other land use matters.
- Defended small businesses and municipalities from employment discrimination suits.
- Connecticut Bar Association
- New Haven County Bar Association
• Commercial Litigation
• Probate Litigation
• Real Estate Litigation
• Intellectual Property Litigation
• Land Use Litigation
• Vermont Law School (J.D.)
– Law Review
– magna cum laude
• Middlebury College (B.A.)
– cum laude
• New Hampshire
• U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
• U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
• U.S. Supreme Court