Brenner, Saltzman & Wallman’s Litigation practice group brings a business perspective to litigation. Offering a combination of trial expertise and practical business sense, we help resolve disputes on favorable terms. We are proud of our reputation for cost-effective implementation of client-approved litigation strategies.
We handle many types of litigation in state and federal trial and appellate courts on both local and national levels, as well as before administrative agencies and arbitration panels. We represent clients in jurisdictions across the country. At our firm, we assist clients through the negotiation of disputes before formal litigation is commenced, trial of legal actions, appeals, and settlement of cases, at all times striking a balance between the economically efficient resolution of the case and the implementation of our clients’ core business strategies.
- Business disputes
- Noncompete & employment
- Unfair trade practices
- Obtained an award of $1 million dollars in punitive damages under the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act.
- Arbitration successes including a $3 million dollar award against the purchaser of a commercial property for a breach of the purchase agreement.
- Defended start-up company and its employees against claims arising from employees’ departure from their former employment with One Beacon to start competing venture.
- Represented cell phone tower company in action against national gasoline company arising out of breach of services agreement; obtained jury award in excess of $1.3 million.
- Obtained a settlement on the eve of trial in a case pending in the Federal Court in Massachusetts for a Connecticut individual confirming her ownership of a biomedical company when other owners denied her ownership and had transferred assets of the company to a new entity; the settlement required the company to pay the client’s legal fees.