Brenner, Saltzman & Wallman’s Municipal Law practice group includes a current town counsel, a former member of a city counsel’s office, and a member of a city council. We recognize that the complexity of town and city government requires a firm that can offer practical and thorough guidance across a wide spectrum of issues. Based on the considerable experience of our practice group members, we understand the needs, concerns and priorities of municipalities, as well as the needs, concerns and priorities of their boards, commissions and municipal officials. We have extensive experience providing advice and counsel to municipalities, drafting ordinances and representing clients before municipal agencies. While our focus is on assisting municipalities to avoid litigation, our firm’s Litigation practice group has considerable experience in defending municipalities and their boards/commissions in court.
- Drafting ordinances & zoning regulations
- Municipal retirement plans
- Tax assessment appeals
- Public/Private partnerships
- Town of Branford Counsel.
- Counsel to New Haven Port Authority.
- Counsel to City of New Haven City Employees Retirement Fund and Police and Firemen’s Pension Fund.
- Counsel to Economic Development Corporation of New Haven.
- Represented City of New Haven and its officials in §1983 litigation relating to development projects and architectural contracts.
Practice Area Contacts