Health care professionals depend on Brenner, Saltzman & Wallman to skillfully handle the legal aspects of their organizations, physicians and physician groups, hospital-based radiology, anesthesiology and pathology groups, networks, and others. We help keep them compliant, growing and profitable. We stay on top of complex, ever-changing health care law so that our clients can be kept abreast of wide-ranging laws, Stark law, Medicare fraud compliance, HIPAA, and similar health care laws and regulations.
- Practice formation & restructuring
- Fraud & abuse regulations
- HIPAA compliance
- Retirements, break-ups & sales
- Responding to subpoenas for health care records
- Recently worked with a loosely-structured group practice of 30 physicians in negotiating a contractual relationship with a large hospital system to provide professional services exclusively to that system while maintaining the group’s legal and structural autonomy and helping them to negotiate their internal governance and compensation arrangements.
- Represented a large hospital-based radiology group through years of expansion, entering into joint ventures with other groups and with hospitals in forming outside imaging centers and continuing to operate after the hospital was taken over by another large hospital system.
- Helped a physician and advanced practice nurse practitioner become free of contractual commitments with their long term employer in order to start a new medical practice with two other physicians; guided newly-formed practice through all stages of formation, including negotiation of lease for built-out space and financing documents in a challenging lending climate.
- Assisted physicians in separating from their existing practice; representation involved settlement of issues under existing shareholder agreements and employment agreements, formation of a new business entity and preparation of new governance documents and new contractual arrangements, including review and negotiation of leases and financing agreements.