“I provide legal services for businesses, individuals, non-profits, and governmental entities in connection with real estate, general business, financings, contractual, commercial, regulatory, and transactional matters. I find creative solutions to complex problems.”
Marc is head of the firm’s Real Estate practice group, Co-Chair of the Opinion Committee and is also a member of the firm’s Land Use practice group and Corporate practice group. Marc advises clients on a wide variety of business issues, including the development, financing and leasing of commercial, industrial and multi-family residential real estate, the acquisition, disposition and financing of business enterprises, the formation and structuring of joint ventures, general and limited partnerships, limited liability companies, corporations, and non-profit entities, and general contract negotiation. Marc’s practice also focuses on the workout of complex real estate and business debt structures, general corporate matters and certain aspects of health care law. Marc has served for many years as counsel to the Retirement Board of the Town of Hamden.
Marc received his B.A. (1963) from Queens College, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa, and his LL.B. (1966) from Yale University Law School. Marc is a member of the Connecticut and Florida Bars. Marc joined the firm in 1966 and has been a principal since 1970.
Marc is listed in 2021 Best Lawyers® for his work in the area of Real Estate Law. He has been recognized by Best Lawyers® every year since 2007 and was named Lawyer of the Year in 2013, 2019 and 2021.
- Drafting of complex multi-party cross easement agreement for downtown office complex constructed over public highway.
- Sale, purchase and development of real property with environmental issues.
- Sale and financing of market and below market multi-family housing development with private and public financing.
- Business combination transaction between commercial purchasing cooperatives.
- Negotiation of loan workout agreements and restructuring of borrower entities.
- Negotiation of construction documents for design/build construction management project.
- Negotiation of multi-party joint venture agreements.
- Real estate “swap” transactions.
- Saint Raphael Foundation, Inc., Board Member
- Jewish Federation of Greater New Haven, Board Member
- Narcotics Addiction Research and Community Opportunities, Inc., Past Chairman
- Congregation Mishkan Israel, Hamden, Connecticut, Past President
- Member of Connecticut and Florida State Bar Associations
• Business Transactions
• Commercial Law
• Debt Restructuring
• Housing Cooperatives and Condominiums
• Land Use
• Leasing and Licensing of Real Estate
• Purchase Sale, Financing and Development of Real Estate
• Yale University Law School (LL.B.)
• Queens College (B.A.)
– Phi Beta Kappa