Brenner, Saltzman & Wallman’s Land Use practice group helps clients with the development, construction and disposition of commercial and residential properties in local and multi-state transactions. These properties include laboratory buildings, shopping centers, office and industrial buildings, telecommunications facilities, industrial parks, apartment complexes (including affordable rate housing), hotels, parking garages, health clinics, hospital buildings, and common interest ownership communities.
Our attorneys provide assistance in obtaining zoning and other regulatory approvals. We coordinate with architects, surveyors, traffic engineers, and other land use professionals in the course of the development of the projects. We also have negotiated complex development agreements involving private/public partnerships. Our extensive experience translates into practical and effective advice concerning transactional issues and problems.
- Variances, special exceptions & special permits
- Zoning regulations
- PDUs & PDDs
- Land use litigation
- Development agreements
- 100 College Street (a building with 425,000 square feet of laboratory/office space with an 850 car garage).
- 55 Park Street (a Smilow Cancer Center laboratory building).
- Quinnipiac Terrace (a Hope VI 244 unit affordable housing project).
- Winchester Lofts (a historic renovation of a Winchester Repeating Arms factory building into 150 rental units).
- Higher One (a historic renovation of a factory building for a start-up company).