Corporate & Business Law
Brenner, Saltzman & Wallman is a full-service legal source for entrepreneurial, family and middle-market businesses. Our practice encompasses a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, wholesale and retail distribution, consulting and professional services, high-technology, health care, and telecommunications. We consciously have limited our size in order to ensure continuity in the lawyers who work for particular clients and to leverage our attorneys’ deep experience and practical business sense.
Our lawyers assist clients with substantially all of their business-related legal needs, from structuring the business organization at its beginnings, through financing and capitalization, from preparing agreements and contracts, to compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations. We also guide and represent clients through successful transactions involving the sale or purchase of a business, formation of strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions, and debt and equity capital-raising transactions. Additionally, we coordinate the efforts of clients and their accountants, underwriters and investment bankers. Our experience in sophisticated transactions offers our clients access to advice from a network of relationships that is typically available only to larger clients of larger firms.
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Debt & equity financing
- Strategic alliances & joint ventures
- Business formation & planning
- Executive compensation
- Sale of high technology manufacturing company to European strategic buyer for $174 million.
- Sale of pre-commercialization stage pharmaceutical company to publicly traded company for cash, convertible debt and earn out payments for in excess of $100 million.
- Private equity group in purchase of luxury brand manufacturer.
- Sales of wireless licenses to AT&T and Sprint with individual transaction values in excess of $100 million.
- Representation of family office clients in numerous growth capital financings.
- Joint venture, licensing and development transactions including large established companies such as IBM, Pepsi, Micron, Sanofi, Chiron, Photronics and Yale University.
- Lenders and borrowers in secured and unsecured facilities, mezzanine and subordinated debt and bridge financing.
- Start-up companies from inception to exit transactions in new media, software, communications, wearable computing, biotechnology, financial services and advertising technology.