“I joined the firm in February of 1966. The way we work, one type of work frequently leads to other work for the same client, often over many years. There’s a strong connection with clients. That’s great; it makes me feel good. I’ve enjoyed it and I still enjoy it.”
Steve is a member of the firm’s Corporate & Business Law, Trusts, Estates & Family Wealth Planning, Pension & Employee Benefits, Health Care Law, and Tax practice groups. Steve’s practice focuses on the organization, creation and representation of professional entities, especially in the healthcare field.
Steve counsels professional entities regarding their tax, business, and regulatory compliance needs, and helps with their expansions, contractions, and break-ups. He also assists the principals of such entities in establishing and maintaining their retirement plans and advises them about their estate plans.
Steve received his B.S. (1958) from the Wharton School of Finance and Commerce at the University of Pennsylvania. He received his LL.B. (1961), cum laude, from Boston University School of Law, where he was an editor of the Boston University Law Review. He also received his LL.M. in Taxation from New York University School of Law (1963), where he was a teaching fellow. Steve is a founding principal of the firm.
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants, Former Speaker
- Anti-Defamation League National Commission, Member
- Horeb Lodge, B’nai Brith, Member and Past President
- Jewish Foundation of Greater New Haven, Member and Past Chairman of the Board
- United Way, Former Board Member
- Greater New Haven Jewish Federation, Past Chairman of the Board and Past President
- Greater New Haven United Jewish Appeal/Federation, Past Campaign General Chairman
- Connecticut Regional Board of the Anti-Defamation League, Past Chairman
- Quinnipiac University, Former Instructor in Probate, Estate Planning and Estate Taxes
- Connecticut Bar Association, Past Member of the Executive Committee, Past President of the Executive Committee; Member of Tax Section; and Former Speaker