Sean is a partner in the firm’s Litigation practice group, where he represents clients in complex and varied business and commercial disputes before federal courts, Connecticut state courts, state and federal agencies, and arbitration panels.
A substantial part of Sean’s practice involves counseling parties to commercial landlord-tenant disputes. This work includes bringing or defending against summary process eviction actions to recover possession of leased premises and actions to enforce lease obligations such as the payment of rent. His practice also encompasses foreclosure actions.
In addition, Sean regularly represents clients in breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty matters, violation of the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act, trademark infringement, false advertisement, and other business torts. He has substantial experience representing clients in employment matters including federal and state discrimination law claims, restrictive covenants, common law duties of loyalty, and theft of trade secrets. He also advises on legal issues involving government entities, such as civil rights actions, municipal tort claims, and tax appeals.
Prior to joining the firm, Sean served as a law clerk to the Honorable Thomas P. Smith, United States Magistrate Judge for the District of Connecticut, and to the Honorable Dominic J. Squatrito, United States District Judge for the District of Connecticut.
Sean is admitted to practice in the State of Connecticut, the State of New York, the U.S. District Courts for the District of Connecticut, the Southern District of New York, the Eastern District of New York, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. He received his B.A. in Government from Hamilton College in 1997 and his J.D., magna cum laude, from Quinnipiac University School of Law in 2000, where he served as a Note & Casenote Editor of the of the Quinnipiac Law Review.
- Serves as Connecticut counsel for a national owner of retail shopping centers for landlord-tenant litigation matters, including summary process eviction actions.
- Successfully evicted a business tenant from two commercial spaces in a building and obtained an injunction against the tenant from entering the building and harassing the landlord and other tenants.
- Member of a trial team bringing a federal court action in New York City against a multinational corporation alleging breach of contract, patent infringement, false advertising, and violation of the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act.
- Member of a trial team in a complex federal court action in Boston involving the ownership and management of a closely-held business where the matter was favorably resolved on the eve of jury selection.
- Member of a trial team in a complex Connecticut state court action involving the ownership and management of several family-owned businesses where the matter was favorably resolved after oral argument on several key dispositive motions.
- Successfully defended a trademark owner in a cancellation proceeding before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office Trademark Trial and Appeals Board where the matter was favorably resolved prior to trial.
- Brought a successful appeal before the Connecticut Supreme Court in a product liability action.
- Member of a trial team in a Connecticut State Court action involving the Connecticut Unfair Insurance Practices Act and the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act where the matter was favorably resolved at jury selection.
- Federal Bar Council
- New Haven Inns of Court, Member since 2006
- Youth Baseball Volunteer
- Youth Hockey Volunteer
• Business Litigation
• Complex Commercial Litigation
• Employment Litigation
• Municipal Litigation
• Trademark Litigation
• Quinnipiac University School of Law (J.D.)
– Law Review
– magna cum laude
• Hamilton College (B.A.)
• New York
• U.S. District Courts for the District of Connecticut
• U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of New York
• U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of New York
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit