“My practice is principally focused on estate planning and asset protection for high net worth individuals. In addition, a significant portion of my practice involves Elder Law as I help seniors of moderate means as they plan for the future.”
Ron is a member of the firm’s Trust, Estates & Family Wealth Planning and Elder Law practice groups where he focuses on estate planning, estate administration, small business planning, asset protection, elder law, and tax planning. He counsels family members on the use of trusts and business entities as family planning tools to provide asset protection and tax savings, and to strengthen family relationships.
Ron has lectured on numerous business and estate planning topics for the National Business Institute (NBI), the National Network of Estate Planning Attorneys (NNEPA), the New England Graduate Accounting Study Conference (NEGASC), Small Business Innovation Research Group (SBIR), The National Association of Insurance & Financial Professionals (NAIFA), and The Small Business Network in Hartford (TSBN). Ron is also a past estate and business planning instructor as part of the continuing education programs for financial professionals and CPAs in Connecticut.
Before joining the firm, Ron practiced for 10 years in Bloomfield, Connecticut where the focus of his practice was in the area of trusts and estates. Prior to his career in law, Ron was a financial planner with The Equitable, a member of the Global AXA Group. Ron received his B.A., magna cum laude, from Wake Forest University with honors and received his J.D. from the University of Connecticut School of Law. He joined the firm in 2007 and became a principal in 2013.
- Creation and co-ordination of transfer of business assets to family trusts.
- Creation and oversight of funding of revocable trusts to preserve family assets in the context of remarriage.
- Settlement of estates with hard to value assets such as antique automobiles, gun collections and jewelry.
- Formation and servicing of non-profit charitable foundations.
- Creation of special needs trusts to preserve beneficiary’s eligibility for government benefits.
- Client counseling regarding voluntary and involuntary conservatorships and filing with Probate Court.
- Preparation of Title XIX Applications.
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- J. Petretto Foundation, Board Member
- Thomas G. Dipietro Foundation, Board Member
- Hamden (Connecticut) Chapter of Business Network International, Past Vice-President and Education Coordinator, and Current Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, (Member of Elder Law and Estates & Probate Sections)
- Foundation for Personal Financial Education, Founder and Volunteer
- Ranked Amateur Level Golfer
• Elder Law
• Family & Closely-held Businesses
• Trusts, Estates & Family Wealth Planning
• University of Connecticut School of Law (J.D.)
• Wake Forest University (B.A.)
– magna cum laude