“Understanding your client’s needs is primary. I pride myself on being very responsive and service-oriented. Whether my client is looking for advice on a major project or on smaller issues, I am sensitive to the particular needs of the particular client.”
Mitchell is a member of the firm’s Real Estate practice group. Mitchell’s practice focuses on commercial real estate and finance. He represents developers, retailers, telecommunications carriers, telecommunications management companies, financial institutions, and entrepreneurs in the acquisition, financing, leasing, licensing, and conveyance of a wide variety of commercial real estate properties, including shopping centers, cellular communication sites, industrial and office buildings, and common interest communities.
Before joining Brenner, Saltzman & Wallman LLP, Mitchell practiced at Schatz & Schatz, Ribicoff & Kotkin where he was a member for nine years. Mitchell joined Brenner Saltzman & Wallman LLP as a principal in 1995.
Mitchell received his B.A. from Harpur College of the State University of New York at Binghamton, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. He received his J.D. from New York University School of Law, where he was President of the Student Bar Association and was selected as an Editor of the Moot Court Board.
Mitchell is listed in 2021 Best Lawyers® for his work in the area of Real Estate Law. He has been recognized by Best Lawyers® every year since 2019.
- Apartment complexes
- Office buildings
- Shopping Centers
- Industrial buildings
- Cell site towers for communication carriers or property owners
- Connecticut Bar Association (Real Property Section, Member of Executive Committee, Past Chairman, 2011–2013)
- Community Associations Institute, Connecticut Chapter, Past President
- Jewish Family Services of Greater Hartford, Past President
- Connecticut Bar Association and New Haven County Bar Association, Speaker on Commercial Leasing