George practices Corporate & Business Law. He represents established and emerging companies and investors in a wide range of industries, from traditional to high technology. George regularly counsels entrepreneurs and businesses in matters such as company formation, executive employment, securities matters, seed and venture capital financing, private equity financing, mergers and acquisitions, strategic transactions, and technology licensing. He has broad experience working with founders and investors in technology-related ventures, including information technology companies, financial services technology providers, new media businesses, software developers and telecommunications, and biotechnology companies. George also regularly counsels parties, including management, in connection with mergers and acquisitions transactions.
Before joining the firm, George served as a law clerk to the Honorable José A. Cabranes, then Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut. George received his B.A. (1988), magna cum laude, from the University of Pennsylvania and his J.D. (1992), magna cum laude, from the University of Pennsylvania Law School, where he was elected to the Order of the Coif. George is a member of the Connecticut and New York Bars. He joined the firm in 1993 and became a principal in 1999.
- Representation of a software developer in a strategic transaction with Comcast.
- Representation of TheStreet.com in the sale of several divisions.
- Representation of family office clients in numerous growth capital financings.
- The acquisition of luxury brands in the home and gift category.
- Representation of a large Independent Sales Organization (ISO) in private equity financings and general company matters.
- Representation of a software developer in a strategic licensing transaction with PepsiCo, Inc.
- Sales of wireless licenses to AT&T and Sprint with individual transaction values in excess of $100 million.
- Representation of founders and executives in employment matters, financings and exit.
- Representation of start-ups from inception in numerous industries including software, adtech, fintech, ticketing, SaaS, wearable computing, biotechnology and medical devices.
- Representation of Bluefin Payment Systems, a provider of electronic payment security solutions from inception.
- Representation of specialty lenders, including SG Credit Partners, in capital raising, lending transactions and other matters.
- Represented Meta Company, a pioneer in developing augmented reality technology from inception.
- Represented PatronManager, LLC in connection with a strategic majority investment by Providence Strategic Growth.
- Represented Patron Technology, Inc., an event technology provider, in numerous acquisitions.
- American Bar Association, Member
- New York Bar Association, Member
• Company Formation
• Seed and Venture Capital Financing
• Mergers & Acquisitions
• Private Equity Financing
• Emerging Companies
• Securities Matters
• Strategic Transactions
• Technology Licensing
• Executive Employment
• University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D.)
– Order of the Coif
– magna cum laude
• University of Pennsylvania (B.A.)
– magna cum laude
• New York