“I take pride in helping clients obtain practical solutions to disputes through counseling, negotiation, and advocacy. Beginning with my five-year tenure as a federal law clerk and continuing as a member of the firm’s Litigation practice group, I have had valuable and extensive experience presenting complex legal and factual issues clearly and concisely.”
Sean is a member of the firm’s Litigation practice group, where he represents clients in business and commercial disputes before federal courts, Connecticut state courts, state and federal agencies, and arbitration panels. He has regularly represented clients in breach of contract matters and matters concerning breach of fiduciary duty, violation of the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act, trademark infringement, and other business torts. Sean also has substantial experience in the area of employment law and has represented clients bringing and defending claims involving federal and state discrimination laws, restrictive covenants, and theft of trade secrets.
Sean also counsels and represents clients in real property litigation, including landlord-tenant disputes, evictions, foreclosures, and adverse possession actions. Sean has experience with legal issues involving government entities, such as civil rights actions, municipal tort claims and tax appeals.
Sean is admitted to practice in the State of Connecticut, the State of New York, the U.S. District Courts for the District of Connecticut, the Southern District of New York, the Eastern District of New York, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. Sean received his B.A. degree from Hamilton College in 1997 and his J.D. magna cum laude, from Quinnipiac University School of Law in 2000, where he served as a Note & Casenote Editor of the of the Quinnipiac Law Review. Prior to joining the firm, Sean served as a law clerk to the Honorable Thomas P. Smith, United States Magistrate Judge for the District of Connecticut, and to the Honorable Dominic J. Squatrito, United States District Judge for the District of Connecticut. Sean joined the firm in 2006 and became a principal in 2012.
- Member of a trial team in a complex federal court action involving the ownership and management of a closely-held business where the matter was favorably resolved on the eve of jury selection.
- Member of a trial team in a complex Connecticut state court action involving the ownership and management of several family-owned businesses where the matter was favorably resolved after oral argument on several key dispositive motions.
- Successfully defended a trademark owner in a cancellation proceeding before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office Trademark Trial and Appeals Board where the matter was favorably resolved prior to trial.
- Brought a successful appeal before the Connecticut Supreme Court in a product liability action.
- Member of a trial team in a Connecticut State Court action involving the Connecticut Unfair Insurance Practices Act and the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act where the matter was favorably resolved at jury selection.
- Federal Bar Council
- New Haven Inns of Court, Member since 2006
- Youth Baseball Volunteer
- Youth Hockey Volunteer
• Business Litigation
• Complex Commercial Litigation
• Employment Litigation
• Municipal Litigation
• Trademark Litigation
• Quinnipiac University School of Law (J.D.)
– Law Review
– magna cum laude
• Hamilton College (B.A.)
• New York
• U.S. District Courts for the District of Connecticut
• U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of New York
• U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of New York
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit